Today, BIGfish client Petnet announced its latest round of funding: $10 million Series A, led by Petco. With the new funds, Petnet will continue to expand its product line, develop its pet food delivery service and enhance its infrastructure. Beginning this week, Petnet’s SmartFeeder ($149) and SmartBowl ($49) are available at select Petco stores nationwide and online at Petco.com. With this new round, Petnet has raised $21.5 million to date.
The company was founded in 2013 and made a splash with its SmartFeeder, an automated, smartphone-enabled pet feeder that enables pet owners to manage feeding times and portions, monitor their pets’ eating habits and view insights about ideal food choices based on their pets’ profiles.
Carlos Herrera, CEO and cofounder of Petnet, said,”Petnet was born out of love for our pets and the passion to improve their lives. We are pleased to partner with Petco to leverage their know-how and existing infrastructure to reach more pet owners across the U.S. These new funds will enable us to further develop our personalized pet feeding service to keep pets everywhere happy and healthy.”
Want to read more about today’s announcement? Check out the coverage below!
- CNET: This smart feeding bowl claims to make pets healthier
- TechCrunch: Petnet raises $10M to help people treat their pets with more personalized care
- Wall Street Journal: Petco Leads $10M Series A in Smart Pet Feeder With Delivery Service
- VentureBeat: Petco leads $10 million investment in smart pet feeder maker Petnet
- Yahoo! Finance: Petnet Raises $10 Million Series A to Expand Personalized Pet Food Service
- LA Biz Journal: Petco invests $10 million in L.A. startup’s smart pet bowls
- PE Hub: Petnet reels in $10 mln Series A
- Built in LA: PetNet fetches $10M to make sure our pets don’t go hungry
- SoCal Tech: Petnet Finds $10M From Petco For Personalized Pet Feeding Gadget