Social media is an important tool to any business; it helps spread awareness, attract potential clients and develop your brand. Wielding social media to gain a larger audience and bring more traffic to your business is yet another benefit. Here are some tips to help you attract more followers, gain more likes and engagement and grow your social media platforms!
Posting consistently is an important strategy for garnering more attention to social media posts and keeping your audience attracted to your pages. Each time you post is another opportunity to reach your audience and for your audience to notice you. Just make sure what you are posting isn’t repetitive. Try giving your followers something new to look forward to everyone one or two weeks (check out our biweekly BIGnews in the Tech World for example!). Be sure to create a social media schedule to make sure you are posting creative content that’s on message and new to your followers.
2.Engage your audience
Having new content is great, but if you don’t convince your audience care about it, it can fall flat. To get a higher performing post, try engaging your audience by using a call-to-action or even trying out some of these different social media features:
- Polls – Ask your followers vote on various trending topics or fun questions.
- Trends – Tap into what’s trending on Twitter and engage with your audience in the popular conversations and topics they are interested in.
- Stories – Instagram Stories has tons of new options for engaging followers such as voting polls, slider polls and even a new question feature.
- Comments – Ask your followers to tag their friends. This brings new attention to a post that might otherwise not be seen.
- Reactions – Have your followers comment with reactions. This provides more of a selection than just a “like” and allows your audience to give more of an opinion without having to type a full comment.
3.Create new content
No one likes to see the same post over and over again on their timeline and will quickly scroll by repeat-posts. Try linking to new content like blog posts to add new thoughts and ideas around conversations already happening. It’s also great to create your own images or gifs to go along with what you might be posting (a BIGteam favorite for creating new graphics is Canva).
What are some of your favorite ways to use social media for your brand or business? Let us know in the comments below or on Twitter!