Today, BIGfish client Ring announced it raised $61.2 million in Series C funding from Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers with add-on from existing investor Sir Richard Branson. With this round, Ring has raised $93.7 million to date. Jamie Siminoff, Chief Inventor and CEO of Ring, said: “At Ring, it’s our mission to reduce crime by creating a ‘ring’ of security around our customers’ front doors, homes and neighborhoods. I am pleased KPCB has joined Ring’s group of leading investors alongside Sir Richard Branson as we continue to make neighborhoods around the world safer. With these new funds, we will expand that ‘ring’ of security by adding to our high-quality, diverse line of smart security products.”
In addition to the funding announcement, Ring also launched its newest product, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, today. A premium, compact Wi-Fi video doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro was made for the more savvy DIYers that don’t mind a slightly more involved installation process. Because it’s hardwired, this product boasts new features like highly configurable motion detection zones, a sleek design and a small form factor. Ring Video Doorbell Pro is currently available for preorder at www.ring.com/pro for $249. The company now has the largest line of smart, outdoor security products available today.
Want to read more about today’s announcements? Check out all of the incredible press coverage below!
- Android Central: Ring introduces Video Doorbell Pro with 1080p video and more for $249
- Business Insider: This Richard Branson-backed startup failed on ‘Shark Tank’ — but just raised $61 million from Kleiner Perkins
- CNET: Pro version of the Ring Video Doorbell swaps flexibility for refinement
- Digital Trends: Ring adds yet another Video Doorbell to its expanding smart security line
- Engadget: Ring’s Video Doorbell Pro is a sleeker, more powerful home portal
- Fortune: Video Doorbell Maker Scores $61.2 Million
- FOX Business: Kleiner Perkins Joins Richard Branson as Ring Insider For Doorbell Dollars
- Inc: Why This ‘Shark Tank’ Contestant Who Got Funding From Richard Branson Has a ‘No Celebrating’ Rule
- InformationWeek: Ring Pro Video Doorbell Gets Better Motion Detection, Video
- Macworld: Ring Video Doorbell now has a ‘Pro’ version with improved camera and motion detection
- PCWorld: Ring Video Doorbell now has a ‘Pro’ version with improved camera and motion detection
- Slashgear: Ring Video Doorbell Pro ups the Wi-fi ringer ante
- TechCrunch: Ring’s new Video Doorbell Pro ditches the battery for more smarts in a smaller package
- TechHive: Ring Video Doorbell now has a ‘Pro’ version with improved camera and motion detection
- The Verge: Ring updates its smart doorbell with 1080p video, advanced motion detection
- TWICE: Ring Chimes In With Second Wi-Fi Doorbell
- VentureBeat: Internet of rings: Smart doorbell startup raises $61.2M, launches sleeker $250 Pro device
- WSJ: Connected Doorbell Company Ring Buzzes In $61.2 Million
- 9to5Mac: Ring slims down and specs up its iPhone-linked doorbell with 1080p video, 5GHz Wi-Fi, more zones
OUR STORIES HAVE HOOKS
BIGfish is an unconventional PR agency that helps its clients redefine their industries through thoughtful storytelling and strategic PR campaigns. By integrating traditional PR with social media and marketing support, BIGfish generates awareness and motivates consumer behavior.