PR pros understand the importance of staying updated on the news. Seeing the most important stories of the day right in your inbox every morning is a great way to get caught up – but which newsletters are worth dedicating precious inbox space to? The BIGblog is here to help with our list of the top 6 newsletters every PR pro should be subscribed to:
- PR News’ The Skinny: The Skinny details the top stories in the communication industry, covering social media, crisis management, media relations, content marketing, technology, and digital PR. The newsletter is produced by PR News, a go-to source for communicators.
- The Skimm: The Skimm provides detailed yet concise news updates in witty blurbs, made to fit perfectly into your morning commute or that 11:00 A.M. coffee break. Founded by two former news producers, the subscription-only newsletter was launched to make it easier to live “a smarter life.” From politics to pop culture, The Skimm has you covered on the highlights of the day.
- The Morning Brew: For your daily business news needs, The Morning Brew is there with all the need-to-know business updates. It claims to be “the only newsletter where you’ll see Federal Reserve policy, Spotify streams, IPOs, and Shaquille O’Neal all in a single email.” Informative and fun, this newsletter is a must.
- Muck Rack Daily: Muck Rack Daily, a digest of journalism created by journalists, is essential for any PR pro who pitches media. In your inbox every morning, Muck Rack curates journalism job changes, tweets from reporters to see what news they are covering, and trending topics of the day.
- The Social Media Examiner: This newsletter is a roundup of articles, podcasts, and social media marketing news for the PR Pro who wants to stay updated on all of the latest social trends. As social media continues to shape the future of public relations, it is imperative that communicators keep up with its ever-changing landscape
- Fast Company’s Compass: The Compass Newsletter is your one-stop-shop for navigating the most important news in business, innovation, creativity, and of course, tech. Additionally, it synthesizes the best of Fast Company’s coverage, right in your inbox. Keep an eye out, you might even spot a BIGclient in there!
Buzzfeed’s Dog A Day Newsletter: It may not be essential reading for PR pros, but Buzzfeed’s Dog A Day Newsletter helps you start your day off right with an adorable dog photo in your inbox every morning. That’s it, just a cute photo of a dog. Who needs coffee when you can start your day with a puppy?
Already subscribed to these and know of other noteworthy newsletters? Let us know in the comments below or on Twitter!